The Village of Elk Rapids offers monthly street-side brush pick up to all Village residents. The Department of Public Works (DPW) picks up brush on the first Monday of each month.
Residents may place brush at the street-side beginning on the Friday immediately preceding the first Monday of the month.
The Village does not accept brush at the DPW Garage lot (117 Lake Street). Dropping brush at this lot is considered littering, and is treated as such.
Other important information regarding this service:
- Brush pick up will begin on the East Side of town and move west. No return pickup will be made
- The Village truck will not drive on non-village streets. i.e. condos, trailer parks, etc.
- Brush that is taken down by contractors (i.e. tree trimming services) will not be accepted and should be disposed of by the contractor.
- Residents must have their brush piled neatly by the shoulder of the street, butt ends facing out, with roots and dirtballs removed.
- No alley pickups.
- Residents may still bring brush to the compost lot, located at the Waste Water Treatment Plant facility (8228 Herman Rd.), between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Residents taking brush to the waste water treatment plant, must have a village compactor sticker, and show the sticker to the waste water treatment plant operator.
- This is a service for downed branches or a tree that is being removed from developed lots or homes in the Village, not to clear empty lots.
This monthly service is for brush pick-up only. No trash, garbage or construction materials will be accepted. Brush should not be mixed with leaves, grass clipping or yard rakings. For more information on spring and fall leaf pick-up, please visit the Leaf Pick-up web page.
Residents with questions regarding this service should contact Department of Public Works Superintendent Steve Breece.
Department of Public Works Superintendent
Village of Elk Rapids